The passengers of Latam Airlines can cancel their reservations at the official website of Latam without having to face any hassle. The airline offers maximum flexibility to the passengers with the Latam cancellation policy. The passengers that cancel Latam flights will get a refund as easily after applying for it online. In case you have made a mistake while making the Latam reservations then you can cancel it within a day of the purchase without having to pay any Latam cancellation fee.
Latam Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Latam cancellation policy, the passenger can cancel their reservations within a stipulated time frame of 24 hours to avoid any kind of cancellation fee. The passengers who wish to drop off their idea of travel can cancel Latam cancellation within the first 24 hours of the purchase and avoid the Latam cancellation fee. The passengers can easily rebook by canceling the existing reservation if the earlier reservation had any mistake. The good thing is that there will be no cancellation fee imposed if the process is done in the given window. However, the passengers that cancel Latam flight beyond the 24 hours of the purchase will have to pay the cancellation fee.
Latam Cancellation Fee
The cancellation fee has to be paid by the passenger if she or he is making the Latam cancellation beyond 24 hours of the purchase of the ticket. The Latam cancellation fee is determined by various factors and is calculated based on the destination of the flight, departure point of the flight, the number of tickets selected for cancellation, the type of fare purchased by the passenger, the duration between the cancellation and the departure of the flight, the time of the cancellation (peak season or off-season) and much more. The cancellation fee is collected by the airline while the passenger is making the cancellation.
Highlights of Latam Cancellation Policy
- Only the adult passengers of Latam Airlines are eligible for a refund on making the Latam cancellation.
- The young passengers of Latam Airlines can get a refund on making the cancellations by getting in touch with the Contact Center of Latam Airlines.
- The ticket buyers of Latam Airlines must note that for getting a refund from the airline the tickets must be unused or at least be partially unused.
- The refund facility is only available for the passengers who have made the reservations at the official website of the airline, the sales office of Latam or at the Contact Center of Latam Airlines.
- The passengers must get in touch with the same Travel Agent or Agency by which the reservation was made for getting a refund on making the cancellation.
- In case the passenger is claiming a refund of the expired ticket then only the tax and the applicable fee will be credited into the bank account of the passenger.
- The refund amount will only be credited in the bank account of the passenger after the deduction of the cancellation fee (if there is any).
- In case the passenger has already checked in and wants a refund must note the cancelation has to be done before claiming the refund.
Important Guidelines As Per Latam Cancellation Policy
The passengers that have purchased the tickets in Colombia or Brazil are only allowed for the cancellation of the tickets as per the Latam cancellation policy. Please note that the rules of all the countries vary due to different laws applicable by the government. In case you are a passenger who has bought the ticket in Brazil and you wish to cancel the reservation then you need to go to the Contact Center of Latam for the same.
If you have purchased the Latam ticket part from Brazil and Colombia then please note that the refund will be determined by the type of ticket purchased by the passenger. To know the rules and regulations applied on the fare purchased you can visit the official website and hit the Manage booking section to know more about the cancellation and refund.
Latam Refund Policy
After the passenger has made a cancellation with Latam Airlines the airline will initiate the refund after the deduction of the cancellation charges but the airline demands the tickets by 14 CFR 374.3 and 12 CFR Part 226 in case of credit card reservations. This means that the passengers will get a refund within seven business days after the refund has been requested. The passengers who made the purchase via check or cash will receive the refund on their accounts after twenty business days once the refund request has been applied.
Please note that there are some tickets on the official website that are non-refundable so the airline recommends that the passenger goes through the terms and conditions linked with the type of ticket fare purchased for flying.
LATAM Sales Office or the Contact Center will help the passengers in case of the death of the passenger, refunds because of airport closures, itinerary changes, duplicate tickets or lost ticket cases.
How To Make Latam Cancellations?
In case you do not how to make Latam cancellations then you can follow the steps mentioned below to cancel Latam flight without any hassle:
- Go to the official website of Latam Airlines by searching it in the search bar of the web browser.
- Now locate the option of “Manage Bookings” or “Manage Flights” on the homepage of the website.
- Make a selection on it once you locate the “Manage Flights” tab.
- A list of previous and current bookings will be recorded in this tab and you need to select the one that you wish to cancel.
- After that, enter the Booking Id in the space given.
- Hit the option of Cancel once you are sure of canceling the selected reservations.
- Now that your reservations are canceled officially, the refund value will be flashed on the screen.
- The amount will only be credited into the respective bank account only after the deduction of the Latam cancellation fee from the amount within 10 business days.
In case you are looking for more details on the Latam cancellation policy then visit the official website of Latam Airlines. You will also be able to locate the Latam Refund policy along with the Latam cancellation fee.