Did you recently book a flight ticket with Japan Airlines? Well, you chose the best airlines in 2020. You may be brimming with excitement to go on a trip or you may be heading on to a business trip when some unlikely thing comes up. There may be a chance that you could miss your flight. So, what should you do then?
Japan Airlines cares for its passengers. To show more love for passengers like you, it created the Japan Airlines cancellation policy. If you want to know how you can benefit from the Japan Airlines cancellation policy, then this is the complete guide for you. This guide will help you understand Japan Airlines cancellation policy, cancellation charges, eligibility for a refund, as well as cancellation and refund procedures.
What is Japan Airlines Cancellation Policy?
As you would know, Japan Airlines is one of the largest air carriers in the world. It enjoys numerous happy customers around the globe because of Japan Airlines cancellation policy being adjustable. Japan Airlines cancellation 24 hours policy allows you to make changes in your flight date, change seat designation, cancel your seat reservation and even submit a request for the refund in case you are eligible for it.
What is Japan Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Procedure?
Japan Airlines cancellation policy provides you two methods of cancelling your flight ticket–online and offline procedures.
Japan Airlines Cancellation 24 Hours Online Procedure
- Begin with visiting the official website of Japan Airlines.
- Next, go to the section “Changes and Cancellation”.
- In this section, you will find the option of “Cancellations and Refunds”.
- Now, a set of instructions will pop up. Follow these to apply for the cancellation of your reservation.
- After you have made the cancellation from your side, your request will be processed as per the terms and conditions of Japan Airlines cancellation 24 hours policy.
Japan Airlines Cancellation 24 Hours Offline Procedure
- Dial the customer care number of Japan Airlines, that is, +1-855-804-2283.
- You will be connected to an agent. Specify to the agent that you desire to make a cancellation of your reservation.
- The agent will ask you for the necessary details, such as the name of the passenger. It will be a good idea to keep the information ready beforehand.
- Your cancellation request will be forwarded by the agent.
- The final confirmation from the airlines will take some time.
Note: Both the procedures of Japan Airlines cancellation policy are easy to understand for the passengers. The online procedure can get the task done in less time and the offline procedure is the best for those of you who may not be having internet availability at the moment.
What are Japan Airlines Cancellation Charges?
Japan Airlines Cancellation Charges are imposed when you cancel a flight ticket you have purchased. The amount of the cancellation charge depends on the price of the ticket as well as the date on which you have cancelled it. In usual cases, the Japan Airlines cancellation fee is applied when the cancellation is made 24 hours after the booking. No charges may be applicable to cancellations during the specified time period.
So, to avoid paying Japan Airlines cancellation fee, we will advise you to always cancel it 24 hours after you book. It will help you in saving money.
Are You Eligible for Japan Airlines Cancellation Refund?
Eligibility for refund under Japan Airlines cancellation policy has certain factors to it. The refund request should be submitted within 24 hours of cancelling the flight tickets. When cancellations are made within this time-period, your ticket will be completely refundable. Further, you will be exempted from any cancellation charges. For cancellations made after this time-period, Japan Airlines cancellation charges will be applicable. The charges will be first deducted from the ticket value and then the remaining amount will be refunded to you.
What is Japan Airlines Cancellation Refund Procedure?
Take a look at this simple 8-step refund procedure under the Japan Airlines Cancellation Policy to save your money:
- Visit the official website of Japan Airlines and select “Changes and Cancellations”.
- Next, you will find the option of “Cancellations and Refunds”.
- Clicking on this will provide you with a set of on-screen instructions.
- Follow these instructions to continue with reservation cancellation.
- Now, you will be asked to submit a refund request.
- After submitting the request for a refund, Japan Airlines will go through your application.
- As per the terms of Japan Airlines cancellation policy, the airlines will decide whether you are eligible for a refund and whether any cancellation charges will be applied.
- Your amount will be refunded to you after some time.
Alternatively, you can also dial Japan Airlines support number to get in touch with an agent. The agent will help you in filing a request for a refund offline.
Note: For the tickets purchased through the credit card, the refund amount will be added back to your credit card. And for the tickets purchased by cash, the amount of refund will be credited to your designated bank account. When paid by cash, the approximate time to receive the refund is usually two weeks.
What Happens When Your Flight is Delayed by Japan Airlines?
Japan Airlines offers professional and on-time air carrier services. Sometimes, there can be instances wherein the flight operations may be affected, possibly due to bad weather or even natural disasters. Disrupted flight operations may affect your trip as well. Japan Airlines will surely provide you with assistance in such a situation.
You can also prevent your plans from being affected by checking the operation status of your flight. You will have the option to reschedule your flight ticket or ask for the refund amount. Any kind of additional charges may not be applied when the services are disrupted by Japan Airlines. In case you booked your ticket via a travel agent, it will be helpful to get in touch with him for any inquiries.
Key Things to Remember
Surely, this guide has a lot for you to explore, especially when you are a frequent passenger of Japan Airlines. The most important things that you should remember with respect to Japan Airlines cancellation policy are:
- Japan Airlines has helpful customer services and you can always get in touch with the team for any kind of assistance.
- If you wish to cancel your flight ticket, request a refund, or make a change, try to do it within 24 hours of the booking.
- Follow the easy online procedure for cancellation of flight reservations.
- In case of no internet, get in touch with Japan Airlines by dialing the customer care number to cancel the booking.
- Always check the status of your flight a couple of hours before you leave to make sure that the flight is on-time and your plans or business trips stay unaffected.
- Lastly, never panic in case of delayed flight operations by Japan Airlines. Complete help and other relevant options will be provided to you.
Bringing it to a Close
Now that you understand how flexible and adjustable Japan Airlines cancellation policy is, you need not be anxious when the possibility of missing a flight arises. You can always reschedule your flight, cancel your reservation and ask for a refund with Japan Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation procedures.
We wish you a safe journey!
Other Airlines Cancellation Policy Links: